Cigdem Coyle, PsyD
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Orange, CA 92868
Cigdem Coyle, PsyD
- Hoag Affiliated Physicians
- St. Joseph Heritage Medical Group
- St. Joseph Hospital Affiliated Physicians
About Cigdem Coyle, PsyD
I have a broad range of experience in psychotherapy having practiced in Turkey as well as in the United States. I provide therapies to individuals, couples and families. I am certified to use many psychotherapy techniques, including Mind-Body Medicine techniques, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Hypnotherapy, Neuro-Emotional Techniques, and Neurofeedback.
April 2009-Present Clinical Psychologist, Private Practice
Newport Beach, CA
2009-2010 Adjunct Faculty Member
Alliant International University-CSPP, Los Angeles Campus
- Courses in Health Psychology and Illnesses; and,
- Cognitive Bases of Affective Behavior
2007-2009 Psychological Assistant, Private Practice
Beverly Hills, CA
- Provided individual therapy, couple, family therapies.
- Treatment techniques included CBT, Neuro-Emotional Techniques, Hynotherapy.
2007-2009 Psychological Assistant
St. Joseph Hospital Outpatient Behavioral Health Department, Orange, CA
- Provided individual therapy, Bipolar Track intake counseling, Group therapy for women who suffer depression.
- co-led a Dual Diagnosis Group.
2006 Post Doctoral Researcher
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Trained in addiction psychology.
- Performed routine initial diagnostics and evaluations on patients with a variety of addictions.
- Led group and individual therapy as well as relaxation therapy sessions.
2004-2006 Clinical Internship
Shanti Orange County, Laguna Hills, CA
- Conducted individual and group therapy on HIV/AIDS affected clients.
- Directed workshops on relaxation and stress reduction.
- Published numerous articles related to behavioral science and HIV/AIDS counseling.
2003-2004 Clinical Internship
AIDS Service Foundation, Irvine, CA
- Provided counseling to patients infected with the HIV virus, as well as patients with AIDS.
- Co-led group therapy focused on drug and alcohol abuse and prevention.
1991-1995 Clinical Psychologist
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
- Conducted individual and group therapy on military personnel and their families who suffer with PTSD, depression anxiety, etc.
- Organized and led group therapy for handicapped soldiers, amputees and soldiers suffering from combat-induced post traumatic stress disorder.
- Provided supportive therapy to the inpatient psychotic unit and evaluated military prisoners for insanity or competence to stand trial.
- Taught classes to medical and nursing students about practitioner-patient communication skills, and theories of attitudes and prejudices.
1989-1991 Practicum Student
Center for Autistic Children, Ankara, Turkey.
- Applied behavioral modification techniques to autistic, hearing-impaired, and blind children.
Orange County Psychological Association
American Red Cross-Orange County Chapter (former member, Board of Directors)
World Affairs Council-Orange County/ Program Committee Member
Concordia, New York
Neuro-Emotional Technique, Basic, Step I
Hypnotherapy 100 Hour Intensive Seminar by Michael Yapko, Ph.D.
Publications and Seminars
“Spread of Ebola Must Be Stopped,” Orange County Register, October 20, 2014.
“An Application of Volkan’s Psychological Model on Human Rights,” Human Rights Conference, Chapman University, Orange, CA, 2007. (Broadcast by KPFK/90.7FM, Los Angeles, CA)
“Coping with Stress Seminar Series,” Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, June 2006
“Reduction of Stress on HIV/AIDS Population Using Behavioral Medicine Techniques,” Doctoral Dissertation. Alliant International University, Los Angeles, CA, July 2005.
“Turkish vs. American Culture,” California Turkish Times, August 2005.
“Think Outside the Pill: The Benefits of Behavioral Medicine,” California Turkish Times, August 2005.
“Intestinal Pain Possibly Irritable Bowel Syndrome,” California Turkish Times, July 2005.
“The Development of a Parent-Adolescent Communication Conflict Inventory,” Master’s Thesis. Ankara University, Turkey, July 1992.
References, credentials and certifications will be provided upon request.