Leah Y. Nakamura, M.D.
- American Board of Urology - Urology
- American Board of Urology - Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
- Hoag Physician Partners
- Saddleback Memorial Medical Center
- Hoag Surgery Center - Irvine
- Orange Coast Medical Center
- MemorialCare Outpatient Surgery Center Orange Coast
- Hoag Hospital
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
About Leah Y. Nakamura, M.D.
Dr. Nakamura comes to Orange County Urology Associates from the UCLA Department of Urology, where she completed a two-year clinical fellowship in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery. Special interests of Dr. Nakamura include patients with urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and surgical mesh complications.Dr. Nakamura says her style of interaction with patients is informative and interpretive. “I present patients with factual information, make sure they have an understanding of their options, and work closely with them to come up with the best treatment plan possible. ““I truly believe that treating a patient is a team effort from multiple disciplines, with the patient being the leader – not the physician. It is our job to help the patient make the best choices possible for their health and quality of life,” she said.In her personal live, Dr. Nakamura keeps very physically fit. She enjoys running half-marathons, basketball, softball, hiking, stand-up paddle boarding, and traveling.
Insurances Accepted / Provider ID Numbers
- Blue Shield
- United Healthcare