Schedule a Video Visit with Your HMG Doctor
The safety of you and your family is important to Hoag Medical Group (HMG), and now we can see you in the comfort and safety of your home through a Video Visit.
Your trusted HMG physician is ready to make a virtual house call through the ease of video, review your concerns and provide a prescription if needed – all without leaving your house.
- Offered for HMG patients of all ages.
- Call your HMG office (find your Primary Care Phone Number.)
- Tell us you’d like to schedule a “Video Visit” and we will get you started.
Questions about Video Visits:
Is my Video Visit covered by my insurance?
If you are a Medicare or Medicare Advantage patient, your telehealth visit (including telephone visits and video visits) is covered for any condition. Commercial HMO and PPO coverage varies by plan. Some plans cover for COVID-19 related symptoms, other conditions and symptoms that are reviewed during a virtual visit or telephone visit for patients may not be covered with HMO and PPO insurance, and are subject to co-pays and co-insurance. Please call you your insurance provider for more information.
How to make the most out of your Video Visit
- Video Visits can be conducted on your computer, tablet, or mobile device. If using a tablet or mobile device, you will need to download the Zoom app from Google Play or the Apple App Store prior to your appointment time.
- Ten minutes prior to your appointment, you will receive a call from our office to conduct a virtual check-in, collect copay (if needed) and answer any questions.
- Find a quiet and private space to have your video visit.
- Have your identification (Driver’s License) available to show your physician.
- Click on the link provided to you via email or the patient portal and you will be taken to Zoom where you will wait for your provider in the virtual meeting room.
- Optional: Download, Preparing for your video visit pdf, and review for detailed instructions.
Is my information safe on my Video Visit?
Hoag has taken precautions, as your trusted provider, to maximize the safety and cyber security of our patients. Our Zoom license is HIPAA compliant which safeguards your medical information.